Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Information Technology News
Getting help with your common cloud issues
Tuesday - 2/7/2012, 11:11pm EST
Josh Stephens is the company's vice president of Technology, and he joins host John Gilroy to talk about how federal IT professionals can benefit from its products.
If you are considering moving a service to the cloud, you may want to test drive one of Solarwinds' utilities: management tools for networks, applications, logs, virtualization, and storage.
Everyone seems to talk about common cloud issues like security and cost of migration - Stephens says you should also consider the other end of the cloud.
What happens when you want to move your cloud application from Amazon to Rackspace? Or, what happens if you decide to bring that application back into your server room?
Solarwinds also has a unique community called "Thwack." There are over 125,000 members who discuss issues in regards to network management issues.