Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Information Technology News
DLA implements new task-manager tracker
Tuesday - 12/20/2011, 6:27pm EST
Fred Baillie, the DLA's chief of staff, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss how the new tool, called the Task Management Tracker, works.
DLA officials help the commercial, off-the-shelf solution, which is already used by the Army, Marines and Air Force, will be more efficient, save time and manpower and improve situational awareness and collaboration.
Baillie said the DLA officials undertook functionality reviews and the agency IT leaders initiated business-case management reviews to come up with the TMT solution.
"So far, we're very encouraged that it's going to work as we hoped it would," Baillie said.