Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Information Technology News
DLA implements new task-manager tracker
Tuesday - 12/20/2011, 6:27pm EST
Fred Baillie, the DLA's chief of staff, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss how the new tool, called the Task Management Tracker, works.
DLA officials help the commercial, off-the-shelf solution, which is already used by the Army, Marines and Air Force, will be more efficient, save time and manpower and improve situational awareness and collaboration.
Baillie said the DLA officials undertook functionality reviews and the agency IT leaders initiated business-case management reviews to come up with the TMT solution.
"So far, we're very encouraged that it's going to work as we hoped it would," Baillie said.