Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Information Technology News
Product safety agency launches two-way communication tools
Monday - 11/21/2011, 9:32am EST
The commission has launched new tools to make it easier for the agency to communicate with companies and vice versa. Going forward, CPSC will communicate with businesses electronically, through its revamped online portal SaferProducts.gov.
The upgraded site is the cornerstone of the agency's IT modernization efforts.
Alex Filip, deputy director of the commission's communications office, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss the new tools.
The ability for business to quickly report to us any problems they had with a product they found a failure in was something that was kind of a clunky format before," Filip said. The new system aims to smooth out the wrinkles.
For example, using the online portal, CPSC can more quickly alert companies if the agency has received a complaint from the public. And the businesses themselves can more easily file the reports they're required to submit to the agency.