Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Q & A with Aneesh Chopra
Tuesday - 4/24/2012, 11:28pm EDT
The interview will focus on three aspects of Chopra's career: initiatives he endorsed while he was the White House CIO, his interest in healthcare IT, and the large issues for federal IT professionals today.
During his tenure at the Executive Office of the President, Chopra is proud of his work with the National Wireless Initiative.
From his perspective, he views this project as a win/win. He explains how this auction will pay off national debt as well as expand the public safety broadband network.
If you are seeking success stories on implementing federal IT initiatives, you may want to read a collection of twenty case studies, Chopra released the final week he was a federal employee.
The focus here is on adapting newer technology to reach objectives while working within budget constraints.
One interesting aspect of the interview is Chopra's explanation of the Green Button. This is a free tool that allows citizens to gain a better understanding of energy consumption in their homes.