Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Health care IT
Tuesday - 3/20/2012, 11:12pm EDT
She will share her insights on topics from wireless to data security to healthcare reform.
Every single federal IT professional has an interest in what will happen in the current health care debate.
For many, the debate will shape their day to day activities at CMS, the VA, or a federal hospital. For most, they will depend on healthcare for the rest of their lives.
If a policy initiative that is related to technology can reduce cost, why not.
McDermott has a terrific background to examine federal IT care initiatives.
She worked at the Corporate Board as a consultant; was in charge of healthcare at a federal agency (Federal Communications Commission); as well has having earned a Master's degree in Public Health from Yale.
She can cover all three bases: commercial, federal, and academic.