Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Getting help with your common cloud issues
Tuesday - 2/7/2012, 11:11pm EST
Josh Stephens is the company's vice president of Technology, and he joins host John Gilroy to talk about how federal IT professionals can benefit from its products.
If you are considering moving a service to the cloud, you may want to test drive one of Solarwinds' utilities: management tools for networks, applications, logs, virtualization, and storage.
Everyone seems to talk about common cloud issues like security and cost of migration - Stephens says you should also consider the other end of the cloud.
What happens when you want to move your cloud application from Amazon to Rackspace? Or, what happens if you decide to bring that application back into your server room?
Solarwinds also has a unique community called "Thwack." There are over 125,000 members who discuss issues in regards to network management issues.