Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Big data and federal IT
Tuesday - 1/31/2012, 10:20pm EST
Many federal IT professionals associate Oracle with licensed-based software.
This product is a combination of hardware, Oracle software and open source code.
Quite a break from tradition.
Peter Doolan is the group vice president and chief technologist for Oracle and he joins host John Gilroy to discuss the whole nature of "Big Data."
You will learn how Oracle thinks its new appliance will fit in the plans of federal IT officials.
The appliance is quite revolutionary for Oracle - it has 864 BG of memory and 432 TB of storage.
The servers (18 Sun Fire X4270) are not connected with Ethernet, but with InfiniBand.