Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Healthcare public-private partnerships
Tuesday - 5/7/2013, 10:21pm EDT
This is especially vexing when healthcare agencies are getting budgets reduced.
One way out is to form public/private partnerships to leverage the federal skill set with the capabilities of commercial organizations.
Today's interview is an excellent example of how a federal agency can work outside its normal parameters to improve service to taxpayers and reduce corruption.
Jose Domingos, CEO and Matthew Hughes, business development manager at the Accreditation Commission for Health Care, join host John Gilroy to talk about the challenges that federal agencies have with mandates.
On one hand, they have to reimburse medical expenses in a tight framework and, on the other hand, must do this is a way that includes fiduciary responsibility.
The solution is to partner with an organization like the ACHC and grant them authority (defined as "deeming authority") to ascertain if recipients are what they present themselves to be.
An agency like the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services can't be expected to visit each of the thousands of facilities that receive payment.
However, they can establish standards that can be examined by a third party to assure high levels of quality and responsible payment