Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Datapalooza, the Data Navigator, and more
Tuesday - 4/17/2012, 10:24pm EDT
What is Datapalooza?
Its an event coming up in June where 450 leaders get together go share ways to use new applications to use data from the government and other sources.
Brennan will also talk about the work being done by his agency, which processes 1.5 billion health care claims a year.
He is in charge of responding to federal initiatives of transparency and using data to make decisions.
Brennan was born in Ireland and has experience both at the Brookings Institute and the Congressional Budget Office.
He worked with Todd Park to make data more available to commercial organizations. The goal is to enable ways to reduce costs of providing medical care.
The "Data Navigator" at CMS is a great example of Brennan's work. It takes data that was on disparate parts of the CMS website and brings it together in one easy dashboard.
Brennan will be speaking at the HiMSS local chapter on Thursday, April 19, 2011. For more information, you can go to http://www.himss-nca.org/.