Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Sharing medical information safely and securely
Tuesday - 11/29/2011, 10:56pm EST
Shaliesh Patel's company, CNSI, has a track record of helping federal agencies collect medical information to save money and improve service to citizens.
The last few years has seen an increase in a federal mandated goal of improving healthcare information, including increased transparency.
The difficult aspect of this endeavor is providing transparency in this particular environment with respecting limitations of privacy and security.
CNSI has managed to work with several Medicaid agencies on extending and deploying the Department of Veterans Affairs' "Blue Button" initiative.
On today's show, Patel will describe how his company worked with these agencies to produce an online personal health portal.
Finally, Medicaid recipients users had the ability to share medical information with providers in a safe and secure manner.