Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Are EHRs a cyber crime magnet?
Friday - 11/11/2011, 10:19am EST
Coburn said lawmakers should reconsider the EHR push. The federal government is spending billions of dollars to pay the medical industry to switch from paper records to electronic. However, her security haas also come under scrutiny.
Recently, courts in New York unsealed indictments charging 73 people with health care fraud. They used medical identity theft to help collect $163 million in false billings.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.