Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Are EHRs a cyber crime magnet?
Friday - 11/11/2011, 10:19am EST
Coburn said lawmakers should reconsider the EHR push. The federal government is spending billions of dollars to pay the medical industry to switch from paper records to electronic. However, her security haas also come under scrutiny.
Recently, courts in New York unsealed indictments charging 73 people with health care fraud. They used medical identity theft to help collect $163 million in false billings.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.