Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Refining the user experience
Tuesday - 7/1/2014, 9:21pm EDT
In the studio today is Doug Brashear, associate director, UX, at HZDG .
Well, that company name can compare favorably with the likes of FedRAMP, CFPV, and even the less known JIE.
HZ are the initials for the two founders of a design group that has been in business since the 1980's.
UX, as most have guessed, is normally understood as User eXperience.
In today's interview we will take a look at many tech issues that are perplexing our listeners, ranging from how to use a web page to tell a story, to comparisons of user experience and user interface.
You may have heard of responsive design, and during the interview, Brashear highlights three ways to make a web site easier for mobile devices.
Responsive is only one of them, and it can have an impact on the speed of the website.
Headline news is Google Glass, but the real story with wearable devices is how the information is collected and that data made actionable.
During the interview, Brashear talks about best practices for collecting data from wearable devices.
If your agency is encouraging sharing on social media, you may want to become familiar with the phrase "lazy sharing."
Today, it's not enough to have social shared on a web site, you need to have a strategy to promote your content - whether you work for the federal government or the local coffee shop.