Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
The Dell Cloud for the U.S. Government
Tuesday - 6/18/2013, 11:46pm EDT
They will give a detailed explanation of the recently announced "Dell Cloud for U.S. Government."
Essentially, Michael Dell's approach is to buy targeted companies with experience in managing the cloud platform.
His business strategy takes a look at the typical federal agency and tries to address their needs.
One problem is the delay that can take place in moving to the cloud.
During the interview, Lush describes how their cloud system has a series of templates that accommodates many federal security and enterprise architecture requirements.
This assembly of services allows a typical agency to move an application to the cloud from six months to thirty days.
If you are looking for insight in terminology like ATO (Authority to Operate), Plan of Action Milestones, and NIST 800-53, then this is the interview to listen to.