Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Managing mobile devices from a government perspective
Tuesday - 9/4/2012, 8:53pm EDT
What they don't know is how to manage mobile devices for federal employees.
This week we will take a look at managing mobile devices from a federal perspective and then next week, from a commercial perspective.
Horace Blackman is the CIO and Director of IT Support Services at the Veterans Affairs (VA) Department Central Office.
The VA has an installed base of over 19,000 mobile devices and Blackman is focused on managing them properly, looking at new devices, and trying to establish best practices in order to scale.
After all, there are 400,000+ employees at the VA!
From Blackman's viewpoint, he is glad the GSA has a pre-competed contract in the GSA's Federal Telecommunications Service (FTS) program.
That gives him assurance that the contract was competed and he can focus on creating systems that serve the wide ranging Veterans Administration.