Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
FISMA update grabs bipartisan support in House
Friday - 4/20/2012, 8:54pm EDT
The bill has bipartisan support from Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), who are both members of the Oversight committee that will take up the bill.
"Congress understands that some of our nation's greatest security threats come from cyber attacks," Issa said. "FISMA has become a compliance activity, even at times when compliance appeared to take precedence over security. This bill provides necessary enhancements and helps arm government to meet — and overcome — cyber attacks."
Cybersecurity experts say the federal government is a decade behind in protecting its networks.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.