Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Moving to the cloud
Tuesday - 1/17/2012, 10:21pm EST
Five years ago, the chief cloud technologist job title didn't exist - neither did cloud services architect, cloud migration specialist, and cloud security specialist.
On today's show, Blankenhorn expands on what is needed for a federal agency to make the transition to a cloud environment.
DLT Solutions has been in business for over twenty years - they are the largest reseller of Oracle and Red Hat to the federal government.
Because of the wide variety of products and services that DLT Solutions provides, they are placed in a situation of analyzing requirements and making recommendations as to what is the appropriate technology to move to the cloud.
Blankenhorn and Gilroy discuss everything from big data to "desktop as a service," FED RAMP, as well as the recent initiative from Steve VanRoekel.
VanRoekel wants agencies to make a transition to a shared services approach in 2012.
In fact, they will need to show a transition from at least two IT services to a shared approach.