Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
GSA launches YouTube-inspired contest for how-to videos
Friday - 9/30/2011, 10:06am EDT
The General Services Administration is giving away $5,000 dollars to social media mavens, who create videos to help people understand federal benefits and services.
The agency has launched a contest, asking people to create videos that explain how to take advantage of federal services.
"We want to ask the public to help us answer those questions in really short, succinct, how-to videos that make the steps really clear," said Jessica Milcetich, a GSA social media strategist, in an interview with the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris
GSA will award $1,000 to the winning video of each of five categories:
- How do I check the status of my tax refund?
- How can I apply for a government grant or loan?
- How can I find a job?
- How do I get a Social Security card?
- How can I change my address with various government agencies (e.g., Postal Service, Internal Revenue Service, and the Social Security Administration) when I move?
The deadline to submit a video is Oct. 28. The same person can submit videos to multiple categories, Milcetich said.
Last year's contest was to create a PSA about USA.gov. Watch the winning video below.