Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Manor, Texas CIO joins crowd sourcing group, Spigit
Tuesday - 11/2/2010, 5:13pm EDT
Haisler was instrumental in Manor's use of crowdsourcing to come up with ideas about how to improve life there. (Click here for Haisler's interview with the DorobekINSIDER.)
Haisler said what was accomplished in Manor can be accomplished in other cities and in agencies. The process, he said, "is more scientific than you think."
The two key components to implementing what he calls an "open innovation model" is to have a visionary leader and proof that the innovation will add value to the organization.
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.