Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Success with applied social networking at State
Monday - 6/21/2010, 11:39am EDT
It is one thing to state this as a goal, quite another to pull it off.
Richard Boly is the force behind the State Department's Diplopedia.
What is fascinating about this concept is that State is the oldest federal agency and its helping to lead the way in the newest of technology.
If you pause to think of the technical challenges that the Department of State faces, it makes sense. If you are in India and need to get some information, everyone in the U.S. is sound asleep.
Diplopedia gives State Department employees access to information no matter where they are. Richard explains how Diplopedia arose.
He also talks about Virtual Presence Posts and communities@state.