Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
The 8th annual IT Security Automation Conference
Tuesday - 9/25/2012, 9:20pm EDT
The concept of security and the federal government is inevitably wrapped in guidance from National Institute of Standards and Technology NIST.
On October 3, 2012, NIST is working with a wide range of members of the security community to produce the 8th Annual IT Security Automation Conference.
Today's interview is with Dave Waltermire, security automation architect, in NIST's Computer Security Division.
Waltermire will give us an overview of the overview of the conference, and talk about security automation, the history of SCAP, competing standards, the challenges of generating standards, and the role the federal government in this process.
The conference will cover continuous monitoring, software assurance, incident handling, analytics, as well as trusted computing.