Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
For first time in 20 years, NSA participates in Defcon hacker conference
Monday - 7/30/2012, 8:55am EDT
CNET reports, none other than NSA director Gen. Keith Alexander gave the keynote at this year's Defcon. Alexander is also head of the U.S. Cyber Command.
Sporting blue jeans and a black T-shirt, Alexander told the gathered hackers, their talents are needed to help the United State meet the cyber threat. Defcon founder Jeff Moss says he's been trying for 20 years to get NSA to participate.
Defcon 2012 wrapped up Sunday in Las Vegas.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.