Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Global cybersecurity market on fire, report says
Thursday - 7/19/2012, 9:58am EDT
Dallas-based consulting company Markets and Markets said it would be worth $120 billion by 2017.
At that time, about a third of cybersecurity spending will come from governments and utilities, followed by the financial sector and manufacturing. Most cyber spending today comes from defense and aerospace industries.
The firm expects the industry's fastest growth in Asia. It says cybersecurity issues pervade every political and military conflict, and it noted that social networking and cloud computing have exposed global organizations to more sophisticated cyber attacks.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.