Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Global cybersecurity market on fire, report says
Thursday - 7/19/2012, 9:58am EDT
Dallas-based consulting company Markets and Markets said it would be worth $120 billion by 2017.
At that time, about a third of cybersecurity spending will come from governments and utilities, followed by the financial sector and manufacturing. Most cyber spending today comes from defense and aerospace industries.
The firm expects the industry's fastest growth in Asia. It says cybersecurity issues pervade every political and military conflict, and it noted that social networking and cloud computing have exposed global organizations to more sophisticated cyber attacks.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.