Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Red Hat gets common criteria approval
Wednesday - 5/16/2012, 12:19am EDT
Hellekson is the chief technology strategist who helps to promote open source through an organization called the Open Source for America. This is a website that provides case studies on how open source software is the most economical way to make the key transition to the cloud.
Hellekson helps to demystify some of the terminology that is used when vendors describe cloud offerings.
Gluster is a company that Red Hat purchased and will help users take the raw provisioning that Amazon may provide and merge that with unstructured data.
Red Hat is a big proponent of Open Stack - it is a cloud computing project that is endorsed by over one hundred companies. This is a combination of technology that originated at NASA using Rackspace's file organization structure.