Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Chamber of Commerce sends cybersecurity recommendations to House
Wednesday - 4/18/2012, 9:18pm EDT
The list was developed by the chamber's Cybersecurity Working Group and includes recommendations like improving information sharing between the public and private sector; enhancing research and development and heightening public awareness of good cybersecurity "hygiene."
The chamber also called for reform of the Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 (FISMA), which it said should be more proactive and set a good example for private enterprises.
More than 20 organizations signed onto the letter, including the American Bankers Association, the American Petroleum Institute and TechAmerica.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.