Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Chamber of Commerce sends cybersecurity recommendations to House
Wednesday - 4/18/2012, 9:18pm EDT
The list was developed by the chamber's Cybersecurity Working Group and includes recommendations like improving information sharing between the public and private sector; enhancing research and development and heightening public awareness of good cybersecurity "hygiene."
The chamber also called for reform of the Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 (FISMA), which it said should be more proactive and set a good example for private enterprises.
More than 20 organizations signed onto the letter, including the American Bankers Association, the American Petroleum Institute and TechAmerica.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.