Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
White House cyber chief lays out top three priorities
Monday - 3/26/2012, 8:14am EDT
Howard Schmidt, on his blog, lists the areas for improvement within federal cybersecurity.
- Trusted Internet Connections (TIC)
- Continuous Monitoring of Federal Information Systems
- Strong Authentication
"The purpose in selecting three priority areas for improvement is to focus federal department and agency cybersecurity efforts on implementing the most cost effective and efficient cybersecurity controls for federal information system security," Schmidt wrote.
Schmidt says he's leading a Cross-Agency Priority, or CAP, cybersecurity effort. He says by focusing on the three goals he wants to push adoption at all agencies past the tipping point.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.