Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Companies can grow despite flat federal spending
Monday - 3/19/2012, 12:45pm EDT
"There are several different growth areas that the government has new allocations for this year and in the coming years — healthcare, energy conservation, cybersecurity," said Warren Linscott, vice president at Deltek, a local company that tracks federal IT spending.
"With most of the other federal spending being cut in some area or another in discrecionary spending, growth is going to come through merger and acquisitions or trying to get into one of these new niches that the government has," he said.
Linscott joined The Federal Drive with Tom Temin to talk about how federal contractors can continue to grow in these tight budgetary times.