Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Forecasting 2012's next big cyber threat
Thursday - 1/12/2012, 6:33pm EST
But there are some things you should pay attention to in the cyber realm in 2012. Steve Bucci, the senior cyber consultant for the public sector at IBM Global Business Services, examined this topic in a blog post for Security Debrief.
Bucci, who is also the former deputy assistant secretary of defense for homeland defense, said many of the cyber issues from last year reamin unresolved and will likely rear their heads again in 2012.
He joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the progress that's been made getting to the bottom of whose behind Stuxnet and Duqu.
Bucci also discussed cloud computing progress and his predictions for mobile technology in government agencies.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.