Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Cyber bill on Senate's 2012 agenda
Thursday - 11/17/2011, 7:11pm EST
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) says the issue will come up during the first work period of the new year.
The National Journal reports Reid told Republican leaders about his decision in a letter late last night.
The top members of the Senate Homeland Security Committee issued a statement, saying that everyday Congress fails to strengthen the cybersecurity of the nation's critical infrastructure, is another day of unacceptable risk.
The Cybersecurity and Internet Freedom Act addresses government authority, structure, and other cybersecurity issues.
Civil libertarians criticize the bill for giving the government too much power over the Internet.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.