Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Cyber bill on Senate's 2012 agenda
Thursday - 11/17/2011, 7:11pm EST
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) says the issue will come up during the first work period of the new year.
The National Journal reports Reid told Republican leaders about his decision in a letter late last night.
The top members of the Senate Homeland Security Committee issued a statement, saying that everyday Congress fails to strengthen the cybersecurity of the nation's critical infrastructure, is another day of unacceptable risk.
The Cybersecurity and Internet Freedom Act addresses government authority, structure, and other cybersecurity issues.
Civil libertarians criticize the bill for giving the government too much power over the Internet.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.