Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Researchers say utility cybersecurtity in near chaos
Tuesday - 11/15/2011, 11:45am EST
Computerworld reports $14 billion will be pumped into the smart grid between now and 2019.
Pike Research estimates more than half of that is for control system security. But, the research firm also says that a $60 piece of software can bypass an entire defense-in-depth implementation. That theory is being put to the test this week. Critical infrastructure cyber protection is being tested, starting today. There is also a request for public comment on NIST Framework and Roadmap for Smart Grid Interoperability Standards.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.