Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Researchers say utility cybersecurtity in near chaos
Tuesday - 11/15/2011, 11:45am EST
Computerworld reports $14 billion will be pumped into the smart grid between now and 2019.
Pike Research estimates more than half of that is for control system security. But, the research firm also says that a $60 piece of software can bypass an entire defense-in-depth implementation. That theory is being put to the test this week. Critical infrastructure cyber protection is being tested, starting today. There is also a request for public comment on NIST Framework and Roadmap for Smart Grid Interoperability Standards.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.