Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
McAfee's top cyber threats includes mobile malware
Thursday - 11/10/2011, 6:08pm EST
Topping the annual list is malware targeting Android-powered mobile devices and Apple computes.
CIO Magazine reports this is the first time that McAfee's list included threats to mobile devices.
Also topping the list are malicious mobile apps. McAfee says free mobile apps masquerading as games or other fun apps may actually be designed to steal information from smartphone or send out text messages without the user's consent.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.