Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
McAfee's top cyber threats includes mobile malware
Thursday - 11/10/2011, 6:08pm EST
Topping the annual list is malware targeting Android-powered mobile devices and Apple computes.
CIO Magazine reports this is the first time that McAfee's list included threats to mobile devices.
Also topping the list are malicious mobile apps. McAfee says free mobile apps masquerading as games or other fun apps may actually be designed to steal information from smartphone or send out text messages without the user's consent.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.