Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Research firm: Smartphone security market booming
Thursday - 9/29/2011, 11:11am EDT
The smartphone security market is booming.
The global market for such products is expected to grow by 44 percent a year before reaching some $3 billion in 2016, according to a report by research firm MarketsandMarkets
With a boom in the use of smart devices, such as BlackBerries, Androids and iPads — especially by business and government entities — it's perhaps only natural the market for security is nearly just as hot.
The report found the Asia-Pacific region has the fastest projected growth rate, at 49 percent. It also predicted the security market for the Android OS will grow fastest with a 65 percent annual growth rate.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.