Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Research firm: Smartphone security market booming
Thursday - 9/29/2011, 11:11am EDT
The smartphone security market is booming.
The global market for such products is expected to grow by 44 percent a year before reaching some $3 billion in 2016, according to a report by research firm MarketsandMarkets
With a boom in the use of smart devices, such as BlackBerries, Androids and iPads — especially by business and government entities — it's perhaps only natural the market for security is nearly just as hot.
The report found the Asia-Pacific region has the fastest projected growth rate, at 49 percent. It also predicted the security market for the Android OS will grow fastest with a 65 percent annual growth rate.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.