Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Research firm: Smartphone security market booming
Thursday - 9/29/2011, 11:11am EDT
The smartphone security market is booming.
The global market for such products is expected to grow by 44 percent a year before reaching some $3 billion in 2016, according to a report by research firm MarketsandMarkets
With a boom in the use of smart devices, such as BlackBerries, Androids and iPads — especially by business and government entities — it's perhaps only natural the market for security is nearly just as hot.
The report found the Asia-Pacific region has the fastest projected growth rate, at 49 percent. It also predicted the security market for the Android OS will grow fastest with a 65 percent annual growth rate.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.