Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Research firm: Smartphone security market booming
Thursday - 9/29/2011, 11:11am EDT
The smartphone security market is booming.
The global market for such products is expected to grow by 44 percent a year before reaching some $3 billion in 2016, according to a report by research firm MarketsandMarkets
With a boom in the use of smart devices, such as BlackBerries, Androids and iPads — especially by business and government entities — it's perhaps only natural the market for security is nearly just as hot.
The report found the Asia-Pacific region has the fastest projected growth rate, at 49 percent. It also predicted the security market for the Android OS will grow fastest with a 65 percent annual growth rate.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.