Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Report: Cybersecurity in private sector a managment, board issue
Friday - 9/23/2011, 12:17pm EDT
Companies all over the world need to be more aware of cybersecurity threats, mainly from hackers, malware and viruses, according to a report from think tank Chatham House.
That report found responsibility should rest with upper-level managers, and board-level bosses. It also recommends the government act as a clearing house of information.
The report was commissioned by a subsidiary of BAE systems, especially for the UK's national infrastructure and comes as the UK government is expected to make a major cybersecurity announcement in the next few days. Http://www.bizgene.com/6094989/cyber-security-and-the-modern-office-what-needs-to-be-done/
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.