Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Managing your agency's mobile devices
Tuesday - 8/6/2013, 9:30pm EDT
56 percent say they have been using tablets at the workplace for a year.
This fact is reflected in the federal workplace as well.
The challenge for federal IT managers is how to manage those mobile devices.
Today's interview is with Kim Hancher, the CIO at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
She is well known for deploying the first Mobile Device Management (MDM) system in the federal government.
She shares with listeners her challenges in setting policy, selecting devices, and monitoring compliance.
Configuration of the MDM tool is a complex topic that Hancher describes in detail.
You may work for an agency that has multiple locations or more sensitive information than another.
Many agencies have existing Blackberry servers and Hancher gives tips in how to incorporate managing devices in the cloud and on premises.