Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Half a million using DoD enterprise email system
Tuesday - 8/21/2012, 9:03am EDT
It said more than a half-million employees are now using the Defense Department's enterprise email system. The Army chief information officer said it was well on its way to completely migrating to the cloud-based email by March.
The road has not been easy. The Army suspended the project for three months earlier this year while officials worked to satisfy Congress' concerns over spending and project management. Officials said moving to the cloud is saving money and making cybersecurity easier. (Army)
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.