Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
IT managers moving to cloud despite skepticism
Friday - 8/10/2012, 9:50am EDT
Ponemon Institute surveyed more than 4,000 businesses and IT managers, including some at government agencies.
Nearly two-thirds of respondents said they planned to move to the cloud, but nearly the same number don't understand how the security in the cloud works. Forty-four percent of respondents said the security of their data remained unchanged, but a similar number said they thought it was now weaker.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.