Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Cyber attack among top 5 priorities of D.C. homeland security chief
Wednesday - 6/20/2012, 8:19am EDT
He told the Associated Press that recent local and national exercises have revealed vulnerabilities in the region's cyber defenses.
Geldart, a former marine, worked as a regional coordinator for FEMA. and founded his own emergency management consulting firm. He succeeds Millicent West, who stepped down amid accusations that she was connected to former D.C. Councilmember Harry Thomas Jr., who pleaded guilty to embezzlement.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.