Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Red Hat gets common criteria approval
Wednesday - 5/16/2012, 12:19am EDT
Hellekson is the chief technology strategist who helps to promote open source through an organization called the Open Source for America. This is a website that provides case studies on how open source software is the most economical way to make the key transition to the cloud.
Hellekson helps to demystify some of the terminology that is used when vendors describe cloud offerings.
Gluster is a company that Red Hat purchased and will help users take the raw provisioning that Amazon may provide and merge that with unstructured data.
Red Hat is a big proponent of Open Stack - it is a cloud computing project that is endorsed by over one hundred companies. This is a combination of technology that originated at NASA using Rackspace's file organization structure.