Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
NIST cloud guidance puts emphasis on user security
Wednesday - 1/25/2012, 7:34pm EST
The finalized guidelines from the National Institute of Standards and Technology compel users to "carefully plan the security and privacy aspects of cloud computing solutions before implementing them and to make sure you fully understand the public cloud computing environment offered by the cloud provider," according to a post on GovInfoSecurity.
NIST issued draft guidance on the public cloud last winter.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.