Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Carpathia Government Solutions' Michael Fox on cloud market
Thursday - 12/22/2011, 9:21pm EST
Carpathia specializes in managed hosting services, specifically infrastructure-as-a-service.
And while "-as-a-service" and cloud computing are strong market opportunities for contractors, there are still many unanswered questions
"If you look at cloud, for example, one of the biggest questions that comes out immediately is: What is it, really?" Fox said. "There's a lot of different flavors of cloud — there's private cloud, there's public, there's hybrid, there's community."
And the definition of cloud can vary when the end user isn't a member of the general public but a federal agency, he added.