Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
New model aims to solve conundrum of cloud savings
Thursday - 12/8/2011, 6:28pm EST
The debate over those savings, and if they're enough to justify the up-front costs, is a little clearer though.
Hardish Nandra, a partner at CSC, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss how exactly to calculate cloud computing costs.
CSC, a technology contractor, has been working on a model — which Nandra said is in version 1.0 — to determine the true costs and savings of cloud computing.
The model revolves around adding up total-cost-of-ownership, or TCO, and the all-important ROI — return-on-investment and taking into consideration the size of data centers and technology "refresh rates."
Nandra discussed how the model was developed and how it could evolve in the future.