Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
NSA director says cloud computing is safe, cuts costs
Tuesday - 11/8/2011, 5:07pm EST
Alexander says the cloud not only cuts IT costs but makes it easier to protect assets, according to Computer World. Alexander, who is also the commander of U.S. Cyber Command points out that malware is being introduced at a rate of 55 thousand pieces per day.
The cloud simplifies the task of securing information by eliminating a complex system and putting everything in one defensible stronghold, he says.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.