Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Achieving network security when moving to the cloud
Tuesday - 8/2/2011, 8:17pm EDT
August 2, 2011 -- Host John Gilroy is joined by Jerry Edgerton, the president of federal sales at Blue Ridge Networks. They will talk about how to secure your networks as you move to the cloud.
The federal IT community is being asked to consider going to the cloud with every project.
One cannot reasonably consider moving to the cloud without an increased awareness of security.
Today, everyone in the federal security community is familiar with deteriorating AntiVirus detection rates as well as shorteners like "BitLy", making it difficult to know what site you are really going to.
The challenge is to provide appropriate security for your agency without an unreasonable level of effort.
This is where the debate begins.
If you want a secure transition to the cloud, what will provide the most "bang for the buck"?
Will whitelisting fill the bill? What about the classic debate of network vs. endpoint security.
On today's show, Edgerton takes a frank look at many aspects of security and gives you some reasonable solutions.
During the interview, he elucidates upon a couple of solutions that his company has used to help federal agencies negotiate this difficult transition.
One product is called EdgeGuard and another is called AppGuard.
Edgerton will give us an overview of the strengths and weaknesses of whitelisting, using concepts like User-Space and System-Space to achieve everyone's goal - achieving network security without breaking the bank!