Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
10 ways the cloud can help your business, agency
Sunday - 5/1/2011, 8:42pm EDT
Cloud computing is one of the major issues being discussed in the federal IT community. Just last week, federal chief information officer Vivek Kundra announced the progress various agencies are making in an effort to hit the administration’s cloud-first goals.
Some agencies are moving faster than others, including the General Services Administration, which plans to release a request for proposals May 10 for email as a service that could be worth $2.5 billion.
Still not sure how your agency or company should utilize the cloud?
Chris Bucholtz of ForcastingClouds.com has put together a list of 10 ways the cloud can help you.
- “Reduction of up-front costs”
- “Universal access for remote employees” – the cloud can support employees who work in any number of places.
- “Built-in business continuity” – in an emergency, information based in a cloud may be more readily accessible than information stored locally.
- “Always up-to-date software”
- Free market of cloud services
- IT staff becomes more strategic
- “Breaks down barriers to entry”
- “Faster implementation”
- “Scales as needed, when needed” – as a business grows or shrinks the cloud can accommodate those changes.
- Saves energy
Bucholtz goes into detail on how each of these cloud benefits can help make a business stronger. Be sure to check out his piece for more.