Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Cloud market to grow to $241B by 2020
Monday - 4/25/2011, 6:24pm EDT
Here’s a fun, “little” cloud computing nugget to digest this lovely Monday afternoon.
In its latest report, Forrester Research estimates the global cloud computing market will grow to $241 billion by the year 2020. That’s up from $40.7 billion in 2011.
According to the executive summary, the report “forecast[s] shifts in the usage patterns of infrastructure, platform software, and business applications.”
ZDNet provided a quick glimpse at some of the main points of the report.
- Infrastructure as a service will reach a high of $5.89 billion in global revenue in 2014. Forrester projects it will fall back to $4.78 billion by 2020.
- Software as a service will continue to grow over the next nine years, reaching $132.57 billion in revenue in 2020.
- BusinessProcess as a service will also continue to grow, hitting $10.02 billion by 2020.
- Platform as a service will top out at $12.15 billion in 2018 and drop to $11.91 billion in 2020.
(Check out the full graph here.)
According to infoTECH, the report also says, “Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) will shift from public clouds to virtual private clouds…While adoption remains high, the size of the market will shrink, caused by Moore’s law of commoditizing prices; this also applies to some degree to virtual hardware. Dynamic infrastructure services, which are the virtual private cloud counterpart of IaaS in the public cloud, are combining pure infrastructure with high-level services and close integration into existing on-premises landscapes. This segment is just about to see real growth and will outperform IaaS in the public cloud in the long run…”