Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Convergence in storage systems
Tuesday - 3/25/2014, 9:35pm EDT
Government agencies are under significant pressure to modernize their IT operations to support directives such as green initiatives, telecommuting, cloud adoption, big data and datacenter consolidation.
Although virtualization is the answer for many of these critical modernization efforts, the biggest obstacle lies in how to avoid the pitfalls and challenges that often interfere.
During the interview you will learn of a new type of virtualization architecture developed by Nutanix is fundamentally changing the way datacenters are designed and managed.
Its converged infrastructure approach eliminates the need for costly and complex storage area networks by integrating high-performance storage and compute into one unified appliance.
Their web-scale infrastructure solution is modular and scalable and delivers significant cost savings, more efficiency and faster performance.