Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Online Chat: Dave Bowen, Defense Health Agency
Monday - 1/13/2014, 3:32pm EST
Dave Bowen, the director of health care IT and chief information officer of the Defense Health Agency, joined Federal News Radio Executive Editor Jason Miller for an online chat Mon. January 13. An archived version of the discussion can be viewed below.
Bowen, who became the chief information officer of the new Defense Health Agency in 2013, runs an IT budget of more than $2 billion and a staff that eventually will grow to 8,000 across 57 hospitals and more than 350 clinics — supporting almost 10 million members.
During the online chat, Bowen discussed DHA's priorities around technology, including e-health records, application rationalization, infrastructure consolidation and moving his agency's email to the DISA cloud.
(Having trouble viewing this online chat? Email Web Manager Julia Ziegler for assistance.)