Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
You do not appear to have Flash installed, or the version is too old. In order to enjoy our video experience, please install the most recent version of Adobe Flash.
Tripwire is a leading global provider of risk-based security and compliance management solutions, enabling enterprises, government agencies and service providers to effectively connect security to their business. Tripwire provides the broadest set of foundational security controls includingsecurity configuration management, vulnerability management, file integrity monitoring, log andevent management. Tripwire solutions deliver unprecedented visibility, business context and security business intelligence allowing extended enterprises to protect sensitive data from breaches, vulnerabilities, and threats. Learn more at www.tripwire.com, get security news, trends and insights at http://www.tripwire.com/state-of-security/ or follow us on Twitter @TripwireInc.
Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
Thursday - 9/19/2013, 6:07pm EDT
Continuous monitoring provides nearly real-time information in the face of cyber attacks and is essential for senior leaders making ongoing risk-based decisions that affect critical mission and business functions. OMB mandates and NIST guidelines require agencies to establish oversight mechanisms to evaluate systematically and ensure the continuing security, interoperability, and availability of systems and agency data. Tune into this interactive discussion to learn about the current state of risk management and how agencies are using continuous monitoring to maintain situational awareness of information security and organizational risk.
You'll hear from leaders in government and industry as they discuss:
- NIST guidelines on information security continuous monitoring as a component of risk management.
- Threat and attack trends affecting the need for greater information assurance.
- A how-to for compliance with federal legislation, directives, regulations and standards using continuous monitoring.
Moderator: Francis Rose - Host of In Depth, Federal News Radio
Joe Albaugh - Associate CIO and CISO, Department of Transportation
Bill Lay - Deputy CIO for Information Assurance and CISO, State Department
Chase Garwood - Acting CIO, Small Business Administration
Dwayne Melancon - CTO, Tripwire
Jim Pflaging - Managing Director, The Chertoff Group