Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
You do not appear to have Flash installed, or the version is too old. In order to enjoy our video experience, please install the most recent version of Adobe Flash.
Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
Should one of the telecommunications, electricity or other providers be hacked or go down from a natural disaster, agency mission would be in peril.
Just take last summer's Derecho that impacted the Washington DC area. One agency lost their connection to the Internet for some time because of the storm even though their infrastructure was in the cloud.
Over the past decade or more, agencies have applied the lessons learned from the assortment of man-made and natural disasters that have impacted their services to keep their services running as smoothly as possible.
But with the emergence of cloud computing, virtualization, mobile computing and other technologies, what should agencies keep in mind to ensure the continuity of operations? How is the idea of COOP and disaster recovery changing?
The panel, Carrying on with Continuity of Operations, will look at how agencies have implemented COOP and disaster recovery over the past decade and where they need to go next.
Moderator: Jason Miller - Executive Editor and Reporter with Federal News Radio
Tod Henby - Director Security and Safety Division of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Gary Galloway- Bureau of Information Resource Management Deputy Director, Office of Information Assurance, State Department
Reynold Schweickhardt-, Director of Technology Policy for the Committee on House Administration
Eric Hennessey - Business Continuity Solutions Evangelist, Symantec