Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Mobile device managment
Tuesday - 9/11/2012, 11:27pm EDT
Today's interview is with the vice president of Strategy for MobileIron, Ojas Rege. MobileIron is one of the leaders in the area of controlling a wide range of mobile devices.
One interesting aspect of MobileIron is its remote wipe capability. Most listeners are familiar with technology that can erase a device, what is unique is that MobileIron can selectively delete files. So, your photos from your child's last birthday party won't get wiped, just the sensitive information that your agency wants protected.
The mobile world is confusing indeed. This past quarter, Apple sold more than Microsoft! September will see a new iPhone. How can federal IT managers cope with all the new devices? Listen to the interview with Ojas Rege and get a new perspective.