Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Improving IT security at your agency
Tuesday - 7/17/2012, 9:37pm EDT
This is the organization that awards the desirable security designation called the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
Tipton has a wide range of experience in the area of security in the federal government, including walking into a leadership position at a large agency that was in trouble with security.
When he was named the CIO of the Department of the Interior, it was getting a failing grade from the Inspector General in the area of security.
On today's program, Tipton explains the process of digging his agency out of a deep pit.
It took four years, but he managed to revive the department's security position.
The IT Acquisition Council also benefits from Tipton's participation.
During the interview, he shows how he views security to be a part of the entire process of procurement.